It was so nice to see everyone last week, I hope everyone had a safe and happy break – finding time to relax and enjoy doing things together over the holiday.
For those families who are fasting for Ramadan, we wish you all, ‘Ramadan Mubarak’.
- A big thank you to all Year 4 parents for making sure that your children were ready for the first of their weekly swimming lessons at East Ham Leisure Centre on Thursday – they were all very excited when they left school.
- We have also started our transition meetings with colleagues from the secondary schools that our Year 6 will be starting in September – thank you to all staff who facilitated really helpful discussions. Colleagues from Plashet school are also bring ex-Lathom pupils to talk to Year 6 girls, it was really lovely to meet them all again.
- On Friday we celebrated Earth Day – the theme this year is: Invest in our Planet; thank you to Marashnie for organising a range of activities for us all to participate in and to Alder class for their thoughtfully designed tee shirts.
This week we are looking forward to:
- Our participation in the Young Voices Concert, performing at THE O2 on Monday 25.04.22. This is a celebration of the largest children’s choir in the World! Our choir will really ‘do us proud’ as their enthusiasm for and knowledge of the songs is excellent.
- Year 3 is also looking forward to their educational visit to the Sandys Row Synagogue in Aldgate, thank you Helena for organising this for everyone. Please click on the link for more information: https://sandysrowsynagogue.org/
- We will also be discussing Sir David Attenborough’s birthday (08.05.22) and Fauna & Flora International — a conservation charity that Sir David has been a member of for 60+ years, and Vice President of for 40+ years.